Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in Bendigo Victoria
The old gold mining town of Bendigo in Victoria Australia offers many great things to do with kids. Here are our top 10 things to do with kids.
- Confectionery Capers: a unique wonderland of toys, puzzles and pulleys, you must see it to believe it. Located in Junortoun just out of town.
- One Tree Hill Lookout Tower: your young ones will love to climb to the top (only 124 steps) to get a great overview of the town.
- Rosalind Park: a grand old park in the middle of town. Make sure you get to the fernery at one end for the maze of paths through the ferns, and look up for the bats in the trees. There is a good playground attached to the school, open after school hours.
- Chinese Museum: the mining history of this town brought many Chinese immigrants to the town who has left their mark. Even if you don't go inside, the area out the front has some great structures to climb over.
- Central Deborah Mine Tours: head down underground to see what it was like to work in Bendigo many years ago.
- Bendigo Botanic Gardens: an ideal spot for a picnic and take walk through a large aviary stocked with native birds. There is also a good playground.
- Lake Weeroona: a nice track for walking around the lake, and viewing the numerous water birds. There is a good playground.
- Talking Tram: sit back and relax aboard a beautifully restored Vintage Talking Tram and take in the remarkable sights of Bendigo as your tram shares entertaining stories about the city.
- Bendigo Pottery: visit Australia's oldest pottery which is full of pottery, arts and crafts. There is also a museum and pottery activities for kids. You can buy a clay play kit for a small fee.
- Discovery Science & Technology Centre: has over 100 interactive exhibits to explore science.