Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in Vancouver Canada
Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada offers many great things to do with kids. Here are our top 10 things to do with kids.
- Visit Granville Island – Granville Island is a fantastic place to take kids. In summer there is a great free waterpark. There is also a Kid's Market with a giant indoor Adventure Zone. Getting there is great fun too, you can take one of the funky aqua buses to the island.
- Cycle the Stanley Park Seawall – Biking the Seawall is just one of many things you can do at Stanley Park. There are other places to ride your bike, but not many compare to this scenic ride.
- Summit Grouse Mountain - If hiking up the Grouse Grind is too challenging for your kids, you can take a chairlift. There is lots of fun activities to do at the peak, summer or winter time.
- Visit Capilano Suspension Bridge – The Capilano bridge crosses high above Capilano River. There is also a cliff walk and lovely gardens. You can get a free shuttle bus from downtown.
- Fort Langley National Historic Site - bring history to life at this former fur trade post of the Hudson's Bay Company.
- Visit Vancouver Aquarium – The Vancouver Aquarium is Canada's largest aquarium, fun for the whole family. It is located within Stanley Park
- Vancouver Library - on a cold rainy day the Vancouver Library is a great option. The kids section is more than just books.
- Hike through Lynn Canyon Park – An (cheaper) alternative to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Lynn Canyon has gorgeous scenery with waterfalls, a suspension bridge and beautiful trees. You can go wimming in summer too.
- Visit Science World – Kids and grown ups of all ages will enjoy this science discovery museum.
- Play at Stanley Park - in summertime there is a choice of beaches to swim and play at in Stanley Park. If it is too cold to swim, there are several great parks to play in.