Beijing With Kids
Here are some things to consider doing with kids when you visit Beijing.
- Great Wall - a visit to China is not complete until you have visited the wall. The best place to see it with kids is the mutianyu section, where you can get a chair lift or cable car up to the wall, then come back down on a toboggan.
- Forbidden City - you will be going here as it is one of the most important tourist sites in China, and it does not have to be boring for the kids. There is plenty of open space for them to run about. They may enjoy the ceramic gallery and the dragon mural. They can dress up in old day clothing and get their photo taken.
- Beijing Zoo - don't all kids love zoos? While the panda is a must see, our kids liked the polar bear more, especially when it dived down underwater and said hello through the glass. The zoo is set in a lovely garden and there is enough to occupy a whole day.
- Visit a park - there are heaps of good parks around Beijing, many with children's play areas and boating on the lakes.
- Acrobatic Show - if you get a chance go and see an acrobatic show. They are usually on in the evening so the time is not always great for young children.